The Victoria’s Secret runway show is always something to behold, if not for the lingerie then definitely for the fantastic hair and makeup. This year, the look was decided more angel-next-door than it’s ever been: goodbye bedroom eyes, hello youthful glow.
As a makeup junkie, I found the behind-the-scenes video of makeup guru Dick Page far more entertaining than the actual runway show. His technique for blush application was something I’d never seen before: a bright red cream applied to the skin before anything else, and then blended out with foundation? Interesting.
According to an interview he did with Vogue, Page used a red Kryolan cream on the models’ cheeks, Shiseido Shimmering Eye Cream in Sable all over the lid and a mix of Shoyu and Caviar (also from Shiseido) as an eyeliner. There was also a unnamed pinkish-gold highlighter he used on the inner corner of the eyes, and a pink lip gloss/stain from VS’s own cosmetics line – *cough* legal obligation *cough* – topped with a nude gloss.
Shiseido and Kryolan aren’t the most accessible brands, but the great thing about this look is that you can easily replicate it with stuff you already own or can find quite easily.
- MAC lipstick in Lady Danger (but any red lipstick can be used as a cream blush!)
- NYX Cream Blush in Red Cheeks
- Holika Holika Aqua Petit Watery Cheek in Red
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze
- MAC Eye Kohl in Powersurge
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Liner in Caviar Ink
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Bourbon
- L’Oreal Infallible Eye Crayon in Impressive Brown
I’m planning to do a full look soon, so stay tuned for the complete product list in my next post!