So I’m sure you’ve noticed this blog has veered sharply into the beauty department lately. I haven’t gotten any complaints yet – quite the opposite, bless you lot – but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to explain this sudden change of beat.
In case you don’t already know, I’m in the process of gutting and remodelling a house in LA. It’s a huge undertaking, and for various reasons requires us to be present through most of the process. This has essentially stranded me inside an active construction zone, and as such my creative supplies are limited to what I can pull out of my suitcase. Since my outfit of the day EVERY DAY is now jeans + a T-shirt I don’t mind getting wet plaster on, that pretty much just leaves makeup as my only creative outlet.
So far it’s been a lot of fun, and i love it, but I don’t want you guys to start thinking I’ve run away to work at a MAC counter or something. We’ll be back to regular programming soon, but in the meantime here’s a quick matte brown makeup look.
To create this look, I…
1. Rimmed my eyes with brown eyeliner. I’m loving this one from Sephora right now
2. Blended outwards with Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck (from the Naked Palette)
3. Deepened the crease and traced my lower lash line with MAC Eyeshadow in Brown Down.
4. Patted MAC Eyeshadow in Mystery in the outer V and traced it across my upper lash line
5. Drew in my brows with Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown
6. Finished up with Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Mascara in Ultra Black
7. And finally, added a swipe of my favourite lipstick – Diorific Lipstick in Sipping Cognac.
It’s not my favourite because of the colour, but because it’s the lipstick I wore on my wedding day. Seeing the pretty gold tube in my makeup bag or on my dresser always makes me smile. Though I had a makeup artist shadowing me all day with this in her kit and technically didn’t need to buy the colour myself, I think it’s nice to splurge on a really pretty, high end wedding lipstick as a keepsake. I’ve only used it a couple times since, but that’s more than I can say for my wedding dress!